KEYS-STYLE CITRUS CHICKEN
- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 8-10
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 orange
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
In a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in hot butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle, turning chicken once and stirring garlic occasionally.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine lime peel, lime juice, ginger, and red pepper; set aside.
Reserving juice, cut orange in half lengthwise, the cut crosswise into slices.
Add any reserve orange juice and the lime juice mixture to the skillet.
Place orange slices on top of chicken breasts in skillet.
Cook, covered, about 1 minute or until heated thoroughly.
Transfer chicken to serving platter.
Spoon and skillet drippings over chicken.
If desired, serve with rice and garnish with lime wedges.
Makes 4 Servings
Time: 20 minutes