- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb ground meat (I used 1/2 lb beef and 1/2 lb lamb)
- 1 cup soaked, drained, bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Cheese of your choice (I used a mediterranean cheese called halloumi)
- burger buns
- In a food processor, process the onions until finely chopped. Add the meat and 1/2 cup water, salt, pepper, cumin and allspice. Process until smooth. Add the bulgur wheat, parsley and pine nuts....mix briefly. Form into 6 patties and cook as you normally would any other burger.
NotesI had an excess of bulgur wheat and was given a recipe for Kibbeh. It reminded me to much of meatloaf (not a huge meatloaf fan.....so unamerican of me) so I decided to make a burger instead.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More