KICK IN THE MOUTH CHICKEN AND CRANBERRY PECAN STUFFING
- Servings: 4-6
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Curry
- 1/2 Tsp Cloves
- 1/4 Cup White Wine (real white wine, cooking wine is horrible)
- Salt and pepper (I use Kosher salt in my house..and fresh ground pepper)
- 4-6 Medium - Large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- 1/4 cup Diced Onions
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced peppers, any color you prefer
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons chicken broth (optional)
- 2 bunches of fresh whole spear asparagus (Frozen whole spear is fine)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp jarred minced garlic or fresh (whichever is easier)
Marinade Chicken in a tupperware container or x-large ziploc for 4 hours, or even overnight if you prefer. (I do mine overnight, but 4 hours is sufficient) In the course of the marinade time, dice up onions, celery, fresh mushrooms, green/red peppers and set them aside, or in the fridge for cook time.
When ready to cook, remove chicken from marinade and place in a large but shallow glass baking dish, pour any remaining marinade over the chicken. Throw in your chopped vegetables, cover with lid or foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 mintues, uncover, flip chicken, spoon/baste marinade over chicken and bake final 15 minutes uncovered to brown tops.
Cook celery and onion in margarine or butter in a small saucepan until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in sage, thyme, and pepper. Place dry bread cubes in a mixing bowl. Add celery mixture, pecans, and cranberries. Add the 1/2 cup chicken broth, tossing to moisten. If you desire moistness, add more broth a Tbsp at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. Put stuffing in a large casserole dish and keep in the fridge to chill until you are ready to cook your chicken, overnight chilling is fine. When ready to bake, put in oven for 30-45 minutes on 325 degrees covered with foil.
Make Ahead Tip: To make 6 cups dry bread cubes for stuffing, cut 9 to 11 slices of bread into 1/2-inch square pieces. Spread in a single layer in a shallow pan at room temperature, loosely covered, for 8 to 12 hours.
Grilled Asparagus Preparation and cooking:
Put oil in a large grill or fry pan. Heat oil on Medium/Medium High until it sizzles a drop of water. When oil is ready, add garlic..let garlic cook in oil until it begins to look iridescent. Add Asparagus and coat with the oil and garlic. Salt and pepper. Cook on Medium for about 20-25 minutes until Asparagus is slightly wilted but still firm. Voila!