- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 24 medium-size shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch asparagus cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped into thin strips
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- A couple handfuls of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Place a large pot with water over high heat and bring up to a boil. Once boiling, add some salt and the pasta, and cook to al dente according to package directions. Drain thoroughly.
- While the water is coming up to a boil, start the shrimp and veggies: Season the shrimp with a little salt and some pepper. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once oil ripples, add the shrimp in an even layer. Cook about 2 minutes on each side then remove from the skillet and reserve on a plate.
- Return the skillet to the heat with 2 more tablespoons of olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Then give the pan a shake and a stir, add the onions and garlic, and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the mushrooms are brown, the onions are soft and garlic is golden in color.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More