KIELBASA BEAN SLOW COOKER SOUP
- 58 oz fat free chicken broth
- 6 oz dry pinto beans
- 6 oz. dry split peas
- 16 oz low fat sausage, smoked or reduced fat kielbasa, cut in half and then sliced
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 medium celery, stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 t thyme
- 14 ½ oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained
Mix all ingredients, except tomatoes in a 5 to 6 qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting at least 6 hours or until beans are tender.
Stir tomatoes; cover and cook on hig heat setting until heated through, about 15 minutes more. Yields one heaping cup per serving.
Taste of Home recipe