- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peeled diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans or navy beans or cannellini beans, drained
- Heat oil or butter in a large skillet, add Kielbasa and cook over medium high heat until lightly browned, remove with slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onions and cook until transparent.
- Reduce heat to low, add garlic and herbs and cook 1 minute.
- Add kielbasa, tomatoes and white beans, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
NotesI had the last 4 tomatoes from my dad's garden peeking at me from the window sill and I knew I was going to make this so I decided to use up the fresh tomatoes and they were delicious in this dish! I peeled and diced them and they were perfect! Yummy and a different way to make beans other than beans and ham! I doubled the beans and used 2 cans to feed 5! This is a comfort food recipe, that's for sure! Thank you Paige (jellybeans_NC) for a keeper recipe! Served with Jiffy cornbread in the dish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More