- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peeled diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans or navy beans or cannellini beans, drained
- Heat oil or butter in a large skillet, add Kielbasa and cook over medium high heat until lightly browned, remove with slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onions and cook until transparent.
- Reduce heat to low, add garlic and herbs and cook 1 minute.
- Add kielbasa, tomatoes and white beans, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
NotesI had the last 4 tomatoes from my dad's garden peeking at me from the window sill and I knew I was going to make this so I decided to use up the fresh tomatoes and they were delicious in this dish! I peeled and diced them and they were perfect! Yummy and a different way to make beans other than beans and ham! I doubled the beans and used 2 cans to feed 5! This is a comfort food recipe, that's for sure! Thank you Paige (jellybeans_NC) for a keeper recipe! Served with Jiffy cornbread in the dish!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More