- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar,firmly packed
- 1 tbs. grated orange peel
- 1 clove garlic,crushed
- 1 1/2 tps.salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2-lb head cabbage,shredded,about 12 cups
- 3 med. onions,sliced
- 3 med. cooking apples,pared,cored,and sliced
- 1 lrg. red pepper,cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 ring keilbasa 2lbs.
- Preheat oven to 350F. In small bowl,combine brown sugar,orange peel,garlic,salt,nutmeg,pepper,and cloves.
- In dutch oven,arrange in layers,half of cabbage,half of onions,and half of apples. Sprinkle with half of brown sugar mixture. Top with half of pepper strips. REpeat
- Pour orange juice and vinegar over top.
- Bake covered,1 hour.
- Make 1/4-inch-deep slashes,at 2-inch intervals,in kielbasa. Place in Dutch oven pressing down to partially cover kielbasa with the pan juices. Bake covered,30 min. longer.
- Makes 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More