- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- about 3 cups steamed white or brown rice
- 8 thin cut boneless pork loin chops
- onion salt
- lemon pepper
- warm milk
- chicken broth or water or white wine
- IN a skillet, melt enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chops, 4 at a time.
- Brown on each side on med high heat...this won't take but a minute or two!
- Be careful not to overcook.
- As you turn them over, sprinkle the browned side with onion salt, and then liberally sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- When the 2nd side browns, repeat. Remove the chops from the pan and deglaze it with one of the liquids above, only about 1/4 cup per 4 chops. Pour onto dish with chops.
- Use a rubber spatula to get all the deglazing liquid and little bits from the pan.
- Repeat with remaining 4 chops.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp each flour and butter to the pan to make a roux. reduce heat and let it cook over low heat for a few minutes to get rid of the raw flour taste.
- In the meantime, slice the chops into small pieces.
- When the roux is ready, light brown in color, whisk in warm milk.
- Start with 2 cups and bring it to a boil.
- Boil one minute, and immediately reduce heat.
- Stir in pork chops and the deglazing liquid, and check for thickness.
- It should have the texture of cream gravy, so if you need to, add more milk.
- Taste for seasoning, and adjust if necessary.
- I tend to use a lot of lemon pepper in this dish, probably a full tablespoon when all is said and done.
- Serve over steamed rice.
NotesThis is a dish I came up with years ago when I bought a pack of chops on sale and couldn't decide what to do with them. I'm a gravy girl, so don't be surprised when a lot of my recipes involve gravies and sauces! :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Get Fit With Good Food!
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More