- Cooking Time: 12-24 hours
- Servings: varies
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 2 lbs. Napa Cabbage 1 kilo Napa Cabbage
- ½ cup kosher salt 113 grams kosher salt
- ½ lb. chopped radish 227 grams chopped radish
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger 12 grams minced ginger
- 1 ½ tsp. sugar 6 grams sugar
- ¼ cup fish sauce 60 mL fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. chili powder 14 grams chili powder
- 4 medium scallions 4 medium scallions
- 2 tsp. small salted shrimp 9 grams small salted shrimp
- Chop cabbage in half lengthwise, then into bite sized pieces. Place in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt, toss until coated. Add enough cold water to just cover. Let sit 12-24 hours. Drain cabbage and rinse. Squeeze excess liquid, transfer to medium bowl. Mix in remaining ingredients and add to cabbage. Let sit in a cool dark place 24 hours, then open to de-gas, reseal, & refrigerate.
NotesTry stuffing a hollowed cucumber with this for a tasty treat!