- Cooking Time: 12-24 hours
- Servings: varies
- Preparation Time: 20 min
BackstoryThere are many ways to make Kim chi and I am just getting started. My friend Anna Beck makes an amazing cucumber Kim chi that I have added apples to.
- 1 tsp. salt 4 grams salt
- 1 lb. of cucumber 454 grams of cucumbers
- 1 grated carrot 1 grated carrot
- 1 chopped apple 1 chopped apple
- 2 chopped green onions 2 chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger 12 grams chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic 24 grams chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil 12 grams sesame oil
- Siracha to taste Siracha to taste
- Salt your sliced cucumbers, allow to sweat for about 15 minutes before draining. Add the rest of the ingredients and enough water to barely cover. Let set 12-24 hours. Drain (and rinse if still too salty).