- Cooking Time: 12-24 hours
- Servings: varies
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1 tsp. salt 4 grams salt
- 1 lb. of cucumber 454 grams of cucumbers
- 1 grated carrot 1 grated carrot
- 1 chopped apple 1 chopped apple
- 2 chopped green onions 2 chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger 12 grams chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic 24 grams chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil 12 grams sesame oil
- Siracha to taste Siracha to taste
- Salt your sliced cucumbers, allow to sweat for about 15 minutes before draining. Add the rest of the ingredients and enough water to barely cover. Let set 12-24 hours. Drain (and rinse if still too salty).
NotesThere are many ways to make Kim chi and I am just getting started. My friend Anna Beck makes an amazing cucumber Kim chi that I have added apples to.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More