- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 English muffins
- 2 Alaskan King Crab legs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1-2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- Steam the crab legs: Preheat oven to 375. Place the king crab legs in a loose-fitting foil pouch. Before sealing tightly, add a small amount of water. Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Using a fork or a crab-leg-meat-getter-outer, remove the meat from the crab legs and place in a small bowl. Gently break up any overly-large pieces with your hands.
- Toast the English muffins: Use a fork to work your way around, splitting the muffins in half horizontally. (A fork leaves a much nicer, textured landscape than a knife. If that means nothing to you, by all means, go at it with a knife.) Place under the broiler for 1 minute, or until toasty.
- Make the Hollandaise sauce: In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, whisk egg yolks with water, whisking vigorously, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice. Whisk in 1-2 pieces of butter at a time until melted. Season with salt. Serve sauce immediately, or keep warm over the doubler boiler, whisking occasionally and adding 1-2 tsp hot water if the sauce thickens too much.
- Poach the eggs: Bring a medium pot of salted water to a simmer. Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Using a large spoon, swirl the water in the pot and then gently tip the eggs into the center of the whirlpool. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs after about 3 1/2 minutes.
- Assemble: Build from the bottom up: English muffin, King Crab, poached egg, Hollandaise sauce.
NotesConfections of a Foodie Bride - Allrecipes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
GAES PTO Recipes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More