- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 - 4 Champagne flutes
- 2 - 4 Sugar Cubes
- 1 bottle Angostura bitters
- 1 bottle Crème de Cassis
- 1 bottle Extra Dry sparkling wine; Champagne, Prosecco or other
- Holding sugar cube with fingers or with tongs, soak cube with a few dashes of bitters and drop into the bottom of each flute.
- Add just enough crème de cassis to cover the sugar cube.
- Tilt the flute and finish filling the flute with sparkling wine, slowly and carefully as to preserve as many bubbles as possible.
- Note: You may serve with a twisted zest of lemon as well. Use Chambord to make Kir Imperial (Drop in a raspberry or 2)
NotesOften confused with a Kir Royal (Crème de Cassis and White Wine). Kir Pétillant is made with Champagne or other sparkling wine. It is also closely related to the Kir Imperial made with a raspberry liquor such as Chambord.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Get Cookin'See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More