- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 - 4 Champagne flutes
- 2 - 4 Sugar Cubes
- 1 bottle Angostura bitters
- 1 bottle Crème de Cassis
- 1 bottle Extra Dry sparkling wine; Champagne, Prosecco or other
- Holding sugar cube with fingers or with tongs, soak cube with a few dashes of bitters and drop into the bottom of each flute.
- Add just enough crème de cassis to cover the sugar cube.
- Tilt the flute and finish filling the flute with sparkling wine, slowly and carefully as to preserve as many bubbles as possible.
- Note: You may serve with a twisted zest of lemon as well. Use Chambord to make Kir Imperial (Drop in a raspberry or 2)
NotesOften confused with a Kir Royal (Crème de Cassis and White Wine). Kir Pétillant is made with Champagne or other sparkling wine. It is also closely related to the Kir Imperial made with a raspberry liquor such as Chambord.
Cooking with Sabra
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Special SmoothiesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More