- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box unsalted Saltines
- 3 large onions
- 1/4 tsp. salt & pepper
- 3 or 4 ribs celery
- 5 medium carrots
- Oil to keep everything together (about 1/3 cup)
- Grind crackers to fine texture in food processor; remove. Process carrots, celery, carrots and onions.
- Mix with ground crackers; add oil and seasoning.
- Separate mixture into 4 rolls. Wrap each roll in aluminum foil - which acts as a casing.
- Bake at 350-degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Note: The individual rolls may then be frozen and used when needed. They can be put in the cholent either with or without the aluminum foil. They hold their shape better with the foil, but I always feel there must be something unhealthy about cooking it for so long wrapped in foil.
NotesThis recipe requires no casing
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More