- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box unsalted Saltines
- 3 large onions
- 1/4 tsp. salt & pepper
- 3 or 4 ribs celery
- 5 medium carrots
- Oil to keep everything together (about 1/3 cup)
- Grind crackers to fine texture in food processor; remove. Process carrots, celery, carrots and onions.
- Mix with ground crackers; add oil and seasoning.
- Separate mixture into 4 rolls. Wrap each roll in aluminum foil - which acts as a casing.
- Bake at 350-degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Note: The individual rolls may then be frozen and used when needed. They can be put in the cholent either with or without the aluminum foil. They hold their shape better with the foil, but I always feel there must be something unhealthy about cooking it for so long wrapped in foil.
NotesThis recipe requires no casing
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Foodie BabySee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More