- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box unsalted Saltines
- 3 large onions
- 1/4 tsp. salt & pepper
- 3 or 4 ribs celery
- 5 medium carrots
- Oil to keep everything together (about 1/3 cup)
- Grind crackers to fine texture in food processor; remove. Process carrots, celery, carrots and onions.
- Mix with ground crackers; add oil and seasoning.
- Separate mixture into 4 rolls. Wrap each roll in aluminum foil - which acts as a casing.
- Bake at 350-degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Note: The individual rolls may then be frozen and used when needed. They can be put in the cholent either with or without the aluminum foil. They hold their shape better with the foil, but I always feel there must be something unhealthy about cooking it for so long wrapped in foil.
NotesThis recipe requires no casing
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More