- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe requires no casing
- 1 box unsalted Saltines
- 3 large onions
- 1/4 tsp. salt & pepper
- 3 or 4 ribs celery
- 5 medium carrots
- Oil to keep everything together (about 1/3 cup)
- Grind crackers to fine texture in food processor; remove. Process carrots, celery, carrots and onions.
- Mix with ground crackers; add oil and seasoning.
- Separate mixture into 4 rolls. Wrap each roll in aluminum foil - which acts as a casing.
- Bake at 350-degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Note: The individual rolls may then be frozen and used when needed. They can be put in the cholent either with or without the aluminum foil. They hold their shape better with the foil, but I always feel there must be something unhealthy about cooking it for so long wrapped in foil.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
AMFC Clamily Cook BookSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More