- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 16 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can cream mushroom soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes juice and all
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pkg. Doritos (Crushed but not crumbs)
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- black olives, sliced
- lettuce, shredded
- tomatoes, chopped
- Brown ground beef and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add onion saute until tender.
- Add mushroom soup , Rotel, cumin and beans.
- Heat through.
- Layer in large casserole dish starting with Doritos, a layer of meat mixture, and then the cheese.
- Repeat in that order until all is gone ending up with meat mixture on top saving about 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake in 375 degree oven until bubbly about 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and return to oven until melted.
- Serve with sour cream, black olives, lettuce and tomatoes.
NotesGrowing up My sister and I would make this all the time. Both parents worked, so when they came home we always had diner on the table to help our mom out.