- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 16 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can cream mushroom soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes juice and all
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pkg. Doritos (Crushed but not crumbs)
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- black olives, sliced
- lettuce, shredded
- tomatoes, chopped
- Brown ground beef and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add onion saute until tender.
- Add mushroom soup , Rotel, cumin and beans.
- Heat through.
- Layer in large casserole dish starting with Doritos, a layer of meat mixture, and then the cheese.
- Repeat in that order until all is gone ending up with meat mixture on top saving about 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake in 375 degree oven until bubbly about 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and return to oven until melted.
- Serve with sour cream, black olives, lettuce and tomatoes.
NotesGrowing up My sister and I would make this all the time. Both parents worked, so when they came home we always had diner on the table to help our mom out.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Teriyaki Salmon and Green Onion Kabobs
"Lightened Up" Carrot CakeSee More