- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWith all the pet food recipes, I thought I should add a couple of my favorites as well.
Proportions aren't super important.
BakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet’s species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.
- Pan-sauteed ground beef (I used the cheapest highest-fat beef I could find)
- Kippers or sardines
- Canned salmon (I got the big cans)
- Cooked corn grits from scratch, no salt or butter
- Light cream or half-and-half if desired
- The Mixture
- In a nice food processor, throw in a couple scoops of the beef (grease and all), a spoonful or two of grits, 3/4 of a can of salmon, one can of kippers or sardines, and a dash of half-and-half or light cream. Blend well into a nice mash. Scoop into tiny Glad containers and freeze, unfreezing as necessary (they will unfreeze overnight in the fridge).
- I forgot where I got this.. on a blog somewhere and the guy said it really helped his skinny cat.