- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- 1 teaspoons brewer's yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried catnip
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium sized bowl, combine he meat, carrot, cheese, brewer's yeast, catnip and breadcrumbs. Add the egg and
- tomato paste and mix well. Using your hands, roll the mixture into walnut-sized meatballs and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the meatballs are brown and firm. Cool
- the meatballs completely before storing in an airtight container in the
- refrigerator. These freeze well. This makes about two dozen.
- BakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet's species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
The Blue Family Favorites<3See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More