- Cooking Time: 19 minutes
- Servings: 28 squares
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- Citrus Glaze:
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled
- 14 fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 F. for 16-19 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in orange extract. Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and orange extract until smooth. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes. Cut into 28 squares.
- Cut each kiwi into seven slices. Place a kiwi slice in the middle of each square; top each with a strawberry half. Brush with glaze; refrigerate until set. Yield: 28 squares.
- More recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThis recipe feeds a crowd, but be prepared to share the recipe. These squares can be prepared ahead of time and they are a real eye-catcher, also taste great.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More