- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen french cut green beans
- 3 14 1/2 oz cans chicken broth
- 1/2 deli roast chicken, skinned and shredded, about 3 cups meat (save other half for enchiladas)
- Poultry Seasoning
- Dried Sage
- Garlic Salt
- 1 2/3 C biscuit mix(Bisquick)
- 2/3 C milk
- Chopped fresh rosemary
- Cracked pepper
- Heat oil on large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Saute celery, onions and carrots until soft.
- Add broth, green beans and seasonings to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, simmer uncovered over low heat.
- Combine biscuit mix, milk, rosemary, and cracked pepper in a bowl.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on the simmering broth. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until dumplings are done.
NotesReposted as was lost in the Bakespace Halloween Data Corruption of 2006. I have tried almost every recipe for chicken and dumplings out there, as it is one of my favorite comfort foods. By taking what I liked from some and leaving out what I don't, I've come up with my own EASY recipe..because if you are in the mood for comfort food, do you really want to spend all day making it?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
50 Shades of Taste
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More