KK'S ROASTED CHICKEN AND SWEET ONION ENCHILADAS
Kk's Roasted Chicken And Sweet Onion Enchiladas
- 2 t. Olive Oil
- 3 cups chopped roasted chicken (about half the meat from a roasted deli chicken, freeze and use the rest for chicken and dumplings later)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 frozen package bell pepper strips (with onions OK)
- Garlic Powder
- Dash Cayenne
- 2/3 to 1 whole brick LF cream cheese
- 3 small cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 10-12 8 inch flour tortillas
- 10-12 oz Queso Fresco (or any shredded cheese you like)
Saute onion in olive oil in large pan over medium heat.
When soft add the chicken and frozen peppers. Add spices to taste (the enchilada sauce will have some heat so keep that in mind.)
Stir over medium heat until peppers and chicken are heated through.
Remove pan from heat and add cream cheese, chopped chilies and half a can of enchilada sauce. Stir well to combine.
Working with one tortilla at a time, spoon filling down the center of each, roll and place seam side down in 9x13 dish coated with cooking spray.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas in the pan.
I am estimating 3 cans of sauce for a larger pan. I used 1 & 1/2 total in my square dish.
Crumble Queso Fresco over the top of the dish. Bake at 325 for 30-45 minutes until sauce is bubbly and cheese melts.
It took about a half hour for my small dish with no burning.
You may want to cover the larger dish with foil for the first half hour to avoid the tortillas from burning/drying out too much.