- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (18.5 oz)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup evaporated milk-divided
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 60 vanilla caramels unwrapped (one 14 oz package)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, nuts, 1/3 cup evaporated milk and melted butter. Press half of the batter into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for eight minutes.
- In the microwave or top of a double boiler melt caramels with remaining 1/2 cup evaporated milk. When caramel mixture is well mixed, pour over baked layer.
- Cover with chocolate chips.
- Chill for about an hour or until the caramel is hard.
- Press the remaining batter on top of morsels. Return to oven and bake 28 minutes (or less for gooier brownies).
- Let cool before cutting.
NotesWonderful brownies! I used 1/2 cup chocolate and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips. Everybody loved them
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More