- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (18.5 oz)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup evaporated milk-divided
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 60 vanilla caramels unwrapped (one 14 oz package)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, nuts, 1/3 cup evaporated milk and melted butter. Press half of the batter into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for eight minutes.
- In the microwave or top of a double boiler melt caramels with remaining 1/2 cup evaporated milk. When caramel mixture is well mixed, pour over baked layer.
- Cover with chocolate chips.
- Chill for about an hour or until the caramel is hard.
- Press the remaining batter on top of morsels. Return to oven and bake 28 minutes (or less for gooier brownies).
- Let cool before cutting.
NotesWonderful brownies! I used 1/2 cup chocolate and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips. Everybody loved them
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More