Knock-off Italian Nachos from Johnny Carinos
6-8 cups Crisco shortening
1 tomato, diced
1 cup sliced jalapeno peppers
1 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
1 bag grated mozzarella cheese
1 small can sliced black olives
1 pint heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp nutmeg
1 small container grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Heat shortening to 350 degrees.
2. Cut wonton wrappers on the diagonal to make four triangles out of each square.
3. Separate the wrappers and drop individually into the hot oil for 1 minute.
4. Drain the wrappers on paper towels.
5. Lightly coat a 9 X 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
6. Layer the wrappers, tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, pepperoncinis, and mozzarella cheesein the pan.
7. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
8. In large skillet, melt the butter and add the whipping cream. Heat to near boiling and add the grated parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with pepper and nutmeg.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Pour the alfredo sauce mixture over the baked nachos and serve immediately.
Pairs Well With
Johnny Carino's has the tastiest italian nachos. I just had to try them at home.