KNOCKOUT BANANA WALNUT BREAD
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts, per your preference.
- Preheat oven to 350. In a nonmetallic (IMPORTANT!) bowl, smash bananas.
- Stir the melted butter in with a wooden (ALSO IMPORTANT!) spoon.
- Mix in the sugar, beaten egg and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mix and mix in.
- Add the flour and stir until evenly blended, then repeat with the walnuts.
- Pour into buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour, then cool on a rack.
NotesThis was the first thing to turn me into a baking MANIAC! I had always liked baking as a kid, and I dabbled here and there, but I was never serious until I tried this. I really love bananas. I really hate wasting food. I only love bananas when they're still a little green, once they get soft and spotty, the smell and consistency make me gag. So, week after week, I'd be tossing out that last banana in the bunch, and it made me irate. One day I decided to look up a recipe for banana bread and give it a try so I could quit wasting food. One loaf and I was hooked, not only on banana bread but baking as well! I have no idea where I got the recipe, somewhere in cyberspace. But it's delicious, very banana-y, it has nothing unnatural and it has less sugar than most of the recipes I've seen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More