- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) frying chicken, cut in eighths
- (Note: We use all breasts with bones)
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 quart oil (or enough to cover the chicken)
- Cover chicken with salted water and soak for 45 minutes. (Very important)
- Drain chicken and pat dry.
- Coat each piece of chicken with flour and shake off any excess flour.
- Bring oil to a boil in an 8 1/2-quart saucepan, electric skillet or iron skillet and drop in chicken pieces. Do not overcrowd chicken in the pot. Cover and fry for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at HomeSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More