- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) frying chicken, cut in eighths
- (Note: We use all breasts with bones)
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 quart oil (or enough to cover the chicken)
- Cover chicken with salted water and soak for 45 minutes. (Very important)
- Drain chicken and pat dry.
- Coat each piece of chicken with flour and shake off any excess flour.
- Bring oil to a boil in an 8 1/2-quart saucepan, electric skillet or iron skillet and drop in chicken pieces. Do not overcrowd chicken in the pot. Cover and fry for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More