KOFTA KEBABS WITH TZATZIKI
- Cooking Time: 6
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus a pinch
- 1 pound ground beef chuck or lamb
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Grilled flat bread of pita
Smash the garlic cloves, sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear mixture to a coarse paste. Mix the paste and the remaining 1 tablespoon salt with the meat, onion, parsley, and spices.
Line a pan with aluminum foil.
Divide the meat mixture into 28 rough balls.
Shape each piece around the pointed end of a skewer (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 minutes before use), making a 2-inch oval kebab that comes to a point just covering the tip of the skewer.
Lay the skewers on the pan, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat or prepare a grill.
Brush the pan lightly with olive oil.
Working a few at a time, grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until brown all over and just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve with tzatziki and bread.