- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pound shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 4 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup any flavor fruit jam
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- Special Holiday Video... Enter to win a KitchenAid Mini Chopper
- Chef David Lawrence teaches a family how to make a quick dessert - Creamy Mini Tarts
- *Warm milk to just above room temperature.
- *Dissolve the yeast in the milk, set aside.
- *In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- *Cut in the shortening until the mixture is mealy.
- *Stir in the egg yolks and milk mixture.
- *Knead the dough together and then refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- *Dust a clean, dry surface with confectioners' sugar. Knead the dough for a few minutes.
- *Carefully roll out your dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- *Cut out circles with a cookie cutter.
- *Place a teaspoon of jam on the center of each circle, fold the dough over, and seal the edge with a fork.
- *Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
NotesMy dad used to make these when I was growing up; here is a recipe similar to his:
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More