Korean BBQ Beef on Lettuce
1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
3/4 cup Korean barbecue sauce (bulgogi beef marinade), divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup instant brown rice
1 large carrot, cut into 1x1/2x1/4-inch strips
1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons fat-free half & half
12 Boston lettuce or Bibb lettuce leaves
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Place beef steak and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely; marinate in refrigerator 6 to 24 hours.
2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Season steak with pepper. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steak, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium doneness (160°F), turning occasionally. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
3. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
4. Toss carrot with rice vinegar; set aside.
5. To make sauce, heat remaining barbecue sauce in small saucepan over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in half & half.
6. Top lettuce leaves with equal amounts rice and steak. Drizzle with sauce; top with carrot strips and sesame seeds.