- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Beef short ribs, bones in, crosscut, trimmed 2 lbs
- Granulated sugar 2 TBSP
- Sesame oil 1 TBSP
- Canola oil as needed
- Onion, small dice 6 ounces
- Garlic, minced 3 cloves
- Scallions, chopped 5 each
- Pear, firm, diced 1 each
- Dried shiitake mushrooms 1 ounce
- Soy Sauce 4 fluid ounces
- Carrots, peeled, bias cut 1" thick 8 ounces
- Water as needed to cover fully
- Sesame seeds 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Sesame oil 1 tsp
- Combine the short ribs, sugar, and sesame oil in a large bowl and combine well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in a stew pot/large rondeau. Brown the short ribs well, and then add the onions, garlic, scallions, pear, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, carrots, and enough water just to cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Uncover the pan and continue to cook for another 30 minutes to reduce the liquid. Test for tenderness, adding water as needed.
- Finish with the sesame seeds, black pepper and sesame oil.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
GAES PTO Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More