- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 stale white rolls (crust removed)*
- 1 cup milk or water
- 2 lb. 75%-80% ground beef/chuck
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. each salt, pepper
- Dry bread crumbs (optional)
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, more or less
- Soak rolls in milk. Squeeze out excess moisture from bread and crumble bread; combine with ground beef, beaten eggs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into palm-size patties. Dredge in bread crumbs. Fry cutlets in hot vegetable oil until done, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer cutlets to oven-proof pan and keep in a 300º F. oven, while cooking remaining cutlets. Serves 6-8
Notes*You can use stale pumpernickel or unseeded rye bread.
Italian white bread or rolls are a good choice. I soak crusts and all, the tear it all up and squeeze out the milk. Salt and pepper to your taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More