- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 48 Ounces of Chicken Stock – Heat to a low boil and salt to taste.
- 4 ounces white meat chicken – Precooked & chopped
- 1/2 Cup – 3/4 Cup Orzo (I use a 3/4 if I am dropping the Chicken)
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 eggs
- Heat chicken broth to a low boil & add orzo. Simmer for 9 minutes
- Juice lemons & strain pulp & seeds. Set this aside
- Whisk eggs until well combined, continue whisking and pour in lemon in a thin stream (This prevents curdle)
- Once Orzo is cooked, remove 4 cups of hot stock from pot.
- Add chicken to the stock pot & cover.
- While Whisking the egg/lemon mixture again, slowly pour in the reserved chicken stock in a thin stream to “Condition” the eggs.
- Once hot broth is incorporated, add the egg/lemon/stock mixture back into the stock pot while stirring constantly.
- Keep covered at very low heat. Will have to be stirred occasionally. But DO NOT let it boil once the eggs have been added.
- Serve with thin slices of lemon and a sprig of dill.
NotesFor those who have never had this delicious soup, I know it sounds a little strange, but it is truly delectable, especially as a summer soup. To make this Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian, use vegetable stock and leave out the chicken.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More