- Servings: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 egg
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted, ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (my own addition)
- Whole cloves (my own addition)
- Confectioners' sugar
Melt butter in saucepan. Remove from heat and cool. Pour butter into a mixing bowl, being careful not to include the sediment in bottom of pan. Beat butter well. Add eggs and sugar and beat well (about 2-3 minutes on high, or until the mixture looks very pale and creamy). Add flour, vanilla, and almonds, and beat for a minute or two; then work well with hands.
Shape in desired forms (1 1/2" balls or crescent shapes). Flatten balls slightly and press a whole clove in the center of each cookie. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes (Mine only needed about 18-20 minutes, just until the bottoms turn light golden). After baking, let cool and dust with confectioners' sugar (I tossed mine in a bag filled with confectioners' sugar while they were hot, and again when they cooled completely).
Website Credit: http://www.howtoeatacupcake.net/2010/03/kourambiethes-greek-almond-shortbread.html