- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 35
BackstoryI got this recipe from my Kraft Foods book. I really loved it! I tricked my husband and son with this. They do not like spinach! I wouldn't tell them what the green stuff was in it until after they ate it. They thought it was really good and couldn't believe there was spinach in it!
- 4 oz.(1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 1/4 cups Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 6 Tbsp. 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lb.). pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 10 Ritz Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, heated
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degress F.
- Mix cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 3 Tbsp. of the Parmesan cheese until well blended; spread evenly onto chicken breasts. Starting at one of the short ends of each breast, roll up chicken tightly.
- Secure with wooden toothpick, if desired.
- Set aside.
- BEAT egg in shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Mix remaining 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese and the cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Dip chicken bundles in egg, the roll in crumb mixture.
- Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F).
- Remove and discard toothpicks,if using.
- Serve topped with the spaghetti sauce and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
Wamogo Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2015
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
All American Sloppy Joes
Crab With Ginger And Scallions
BLT SandwichSee More