- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese make excellent presents - some of my friends request them for their birthdays even! They go very well with shaved chocolate and champagne for a yummy and romantic celebration!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons ground espresso beans, pulverized to a powder
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua® coffee liqueur
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick lightly salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two baking sheets and set aside.
- In a separate, small bowl dissolve the coffee in the liqueur and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugars together, then add the butter and mix until light and creamy. Add the egg and the coffee mixture and beat until smooth. Add the flour mixture (from above) and chopped chocolate and mix gently with a spoon until well incorporated.
- Place heaping tablespoons on the prepared baking sheets, taking care to leave about two inches between them as they will spread during baking. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and transfer the cookies to a flat surface or wire rack to cool.