- Cooking Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- Servings: 32 squares
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhile at the library 1500 Best Bars, Cookies, Muffins, Cakes & More by Esther Brody caught my eye. This book is great, there are so many good recipes in it I am going to buy the book. The Krispie Toffee Triangles is the first recipe I decided to try. The rice krispies with the chocolate was a great combo on the top. We are thinking of where else you could use this in a recipe. It is a very nice bar. Would be a nice addition to your Christmas baking.
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup rice krispies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup rice krispies
- Preheat oven to 350º .
- Prepare base: In a bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Make a well in center and add melted butter, brown sugar and rice krispies. Mix until blended. Press evenly into greased 8"X8" baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Cool on rack.
- Prepare filling: In a saucepan add butter, condensed milk and brown sugar over low heat. When sugar is dissolved increase heat and bring to boil, stirring constantly; boil for 5 minutes. Spoon this mixture over the base evenly.
- Prepare topping: In another saucepan over low heat add chocolate chips and melt. Add rice krispies and mix until well coated. Spread this mixture over filling, evenly. Chill for 3 hours. To make the triangles cut into 16 squares and then cut these in half diagonally to form 2 trinangles.