- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 30 pieces
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryWe always made chocolate for Christmas to give away and peanut butter balls are one of my daughters favorites but we ran out of peanut butter and we came up with this concotion and everyone loved it! 5 years later everyone still wants the recipe every year!
- 1 package of Oreo Cookies ( three sleeves)
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 pound each of white and dark melting chocolate
- Pulvorize the oreo's in a blender of food processor
- Add the cream cheese and mix well
- Roll the mixture into teaspoon size balls and place on a plate.
- Place the rolled balls in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the oreo balls are in the freezer, melt one of the chocolates in a double boiler or in the microwave per instructions.
- Take the oreo balls out of the freezer and quickly drop them one by one in the chocolate with a spoon and allow extra chocolate to drain off.
- Place oreo balls on wax paper to dry .
- The chocolate will harden and they are ready to serve or can be kept in a sealed container in the refridgerator for up to 2 weeks.
- We use white chocolate and also dark chocolate people tend to eat the white chocolate ones first for some reason.