- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup super fine sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon Mace
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl until very light.
- Add sugar gradually, beating to blend.
- Slowly add melted butter
- Whip the heavy cream with vanilla, mace & cardamom
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Fold in flour. (Dough will be similar in consistency to pate a choux.)
- Chill dough thoroughly.
- Preheat krumkager iron over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until a drop of water "dances" when dropped on plates.
- Brush plates with unsalted butter; place 1 slightly rounded tablespoon dough in center of lower plate; close iron and press handles together.
- If excess dough comes out sides, remove with table knife.
- Bake for about 30 seconds; flip iron and bake for about 30 seconds on other side.
- Remove krumkager and immediately roll over cone-shaped form.
- Place seam side down on parchment paper to cool; remove form.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Wait to fill until ready to serve of they will absorb moisture and collapse... These are very delicate cookies.
- Fill cooled cones with stabilized whipped heavy cream or Cardamom Pastry Cream, that has been lightened by folding in 1 cup of whipped heavy cream (1/2 cup Un-Whipped)
- Serve immediately.
NotesDanish/Norwegian/Swedish Cookies, cooked in an iron. I have an old stove top model, but I am sure they make electric ones. These are similar to the Italian Pizzelle, but they are flavored with Mace & Cardamom instead of anise.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Babette's Test Kitchen
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More