- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup super fine sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon Mace
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl until very light.
- Add sugar gradually, beating to blend.
- Slowly add melted butter
- Whip the heavy cream with vanilla, mace & cardamom
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Fold in flour. (Dough will be similar in consistency to pate a choux.)
- Chill dough thoroughly.
- Preheat krumkager iron over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until a drop of water "dances" when dropped on plates.
- Brush plates with unsalted butter; place 1 slightly rounded tablespoon dough in center of lower plate; close iron and press handles together.
- If excess dough comes out sides, remove with table knife.
- Bake for about 30 seconds; flip iron and bake for about 30 seconds on other side.
- Remove krumkager and immediately roll over cone-shaped form.
- Place seam side down on parchment paper to cool; remove form.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Wait to fill until ready to serve of they will absorb moisture and collapse... These are very delicate cookies.
- Fill cooled cones with stabilized whipped heavy cream or Cardamom Pastry Cream, that has been lightened by folding in 1 cup of whipped heavy cream (1/2 cup Un-Whipped)
- Serve immediately.
NotesDanish/Norwegian/Swedish Cookies, cooked in an iron. I have an old stove top model, but I am sure they make electric ones. These are similar to the Italian Pizzelle, but they are flavored with Mace & Cardamom instead of anise.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More