- Cooking Time: 30 to 40
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryKulfi is a style of ice cream native to India. Not only does it not require an ice cream freezer, it stays cold & creamy long after traditional ice cream has turned to soup! The texture is slightly chewy, but I've yet to meet someone who doesn't love it once they try it!
- Whole Milk: 2 1/2 qt.
- Heavy Cream (feel free to use milk for a lighter taste: 1 qt.
- Sugar: 8 oz.
- Place all the ingredients into a pot and place over medium heat.
- Stir with a rubber spatula to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat down to medium-low and continue to cook the product, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and coats the spatula, about 30-40 minutes.
- Pour the mixture from the pan into either small paper cups (Dixie Bathroom cups work great!), ice cream mold or a bowl.
- Place into the freezer and freeze until solid.
- To serve either tear away the paper cup, or dip the mold/bowl into hot water for a few seconds and unmold onto a plate.
- Feel free to flavor the kulfi base with any fruit, nuts or spices you'd like. I've done pistachio, vanilla bean, cinnamon, mango, raspberry, coconut & chai. Just rermember to reduce thte kulfi slightly more before adding any liquid.