- Cooking Time: 240-360
- Preparation Time: 10
- Ti leaves*
- 2 cups peeled and grated raw taro
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly oil a loaf pan and line with ti leaves.
- In a medium bowl stir together grated taro and raw sugar.
- Add coconut milk, melted butter and vanilla; blend well.
- Pour into prepared pan and cover tightly with ti leaves. Steam for 4 to 6 hours. Cool and serve.
- * Ti leaves can be purchased from your local florist or on line.
NotesWe have tried several kulolo recipes and we found this one the best. This recipes comes also from the Numba 1 Hawaiian cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More