- Cooking Time: 240-360
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryWe have tried several kulolo recipes and we found this one the best. This recipes comes also from the Numba 1 Hawaiian cookbook.
- Ti leaves*
- 2 cups peeled and grated raw taro
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly oil a loaf pan and line with ti leaves.
- In a medium bowl stir together grated taro and raw sugar.
- Add coconut milk, melted butter and vanilla; blend well.
- Pour into prepared pan and cover tightly with ti leaves. Steam for 4 to 6 hours. Cool and serve.
- * Ti leaves can be purchased from your local florist or on line.