- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 lb chicken, boneless/skinless cubed
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup carrots, thinly sliced with a mandolin or veggie peeler
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Kung Pao sauce
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in wok or non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Toss chicken in cornstarch to coat and add to oil.
- Don't begin stirring chicken until the bottom has turned golden brown. Then stir occasionally until all pieces are crispy.
- Remove chicken from pan onto a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Add remaining sesame oil to pan and stir fry green onions, garlic, carrots, and red pepper flakes.
- Whisk 1/3 cup Kung Pao sauce with 1/4 cup water and add to skillet.
- Stir well and add chicken and peanuts, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately over steamed rice.
NotesCrispy chicken pieces are the key to a good Kung Pao chicken dish. I am still on the look-out for a *good* recipe for homemade Kung Pao Sauce as the recipes I've tried thus far have been very disappointing. This recipe calls for bottled Kung Pao.
Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More