- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups of wheat
- 1 cup of poppy seeds
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of honey disolved in 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Place the wheat into a crock pot and just cover with water, turn crock to high, cook for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours stir in the honey/water mixture, poppy seeds and nuts if using.
- Cook another 2 hours, adding water if needed. You want the finished product to be a touch soupy.
NotesKutia is the first dish of a traditional Ukrainian Christmas Eve meal.
Kutia symbolizes prosperity, peace and good health.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More