- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI like Cheese and Macaroni, so to satisfy my 'cheese tooth,' I have my own version of Aunt Mae's Mac and Cheese!
- 16 oz box of macaroni
- 1 16 oz block of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 large bag (8 oz or larger) of shredded cheese (Sharp)
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Cook macaroni. Cut cheddar into slices. After you cook the macaroni, drain it. Add the cheddar cheese soup, 1/4 - 1/3 cup evaporated milk and the salt and pepper. Mix egg, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 - 1/3 cup milk; set aside. Layer macaroni, egg/milk/Worcestershire sauce mixture, cheese slices, and shredded cheese in a baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Spoon 1/4 cup evaporated milk over each layer. Repeat two more times. Sprinkle Paprika on the top. Bake at 400 for 20 min.
- You can either put this into a large dish or make two smaller dishes and freeze one to cook later. I divided mine. The first half I put in a round 1½ qt white Corning Ware dish. It was full to the top. The second half, I froze in a foil pan to bake another day.