- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 lamb chops
- 1/3 c. dry white wine
- 1/8 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- spinach leaves
- 1 head Belgian endives
- Sauteed Apples and Pears
- Trim excess fat from lamb chops.
- Remove bones from chops. (With knife, starting at one side of backbone, cut through meat along
- bone, keeping knife blade against bone. Cut along both sides of bone just far enough to separate the bone from meat, making sure meat
- remains in one piece.)
- Roll each chop, pinwheel fashion, to make a
- "medallion;" secure with toothpicks.
- Place lamb chops on rack in broiling pan.
- Broil chops about 6 minutes; turn chops.
- Broil about 6 minutes longer for medium-rare.
- Discard toothpicks.
- Keep warm.
- While chops are broiling, prepare herb sauce.
- In a 1 quart saucepan over high heat, heat wine, thyme and black pepper to boiling.
- Boil about 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- With wire whisk, beat butter, 1 tablespoon at a
- time, until butter melts and mixture thickens slightly. (Do not use margarine; sauce will not thicken.)
- Serving Idea: Line a platter with spinach and endive leaves.
- Arrange lamb chops on top of leaves with Sauteed Apples and Pears.
- Garnish with parsley or watercress. Serve with herb sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More