- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 to 5 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups sour cream, divided
- 2 cups Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups corn chips, slightly crushed, divided
- 2 cups salsa, enchilada or taco sauce, divided (I used vegetable salsa--what I had on hand.)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- lettuce, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- -- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9 by 13 - inch pan.
- -- Mix shredded chicken with 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup cheese, 1 cup corn chips, 1 cups salsa, and onion. Spread in pan.
- -- Bake 25 to 35 minutes.
- -- In order given, layer remaining: sour cream, salsa, corn chips, and cheese. Put in oven another 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- -- Just before serving, add a layer of chopped lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
NotesThis enchilada casserole came by accident, starting with too much filling for the enchiladas. Not only was the casserole delicious, but my family loves the leftovers (even with wilted lettuce).
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More