- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- butter OR olive oil
- 1 pound (approximately) roast beef OR pot roast
- 1 small onion, diced
- Diced celery (stalk), if desired
- 1-2 cans mushrooms * (see below)
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, if desired
- Parsley, if desired
- Kitchen Bouquet, if desired
- Cook onion in a little olive oil or butter.
- Add mushrooms and mushroom soup. Add seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika, parsley flakes OR parsley, Kitchen Bouquet), to taste.
- Simmer or cook on low heat, until mushroom soup changes to a medium to dark brown, and flavors are blended.
- Add sour cream and leftover beef. Do not boil. Stir until hot.
- Serve over noodles.
- * VARIATION: Chop dry mushrooms in a food processor. Use instead of canned mushrooms.
- ** VARIATION 2: Use leftover gravy in place of the mushroom soup.
NotesThe "mushroom haters" in my family dislike the texture more than the mushrooms. Just chop the mushrooms!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More