- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- butter OR olive oil
- 1 pound (approximately) roast beef OR pot roast
- 1 small onion, diced
- Diced celery (stalk), if desired
- 1-2 cans mushrooms * (see below)
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, if desired
- Parsley, if desired
- Kitchen Bouquet, if desired
- Cook onion in a little olive oil or butter.
- Add mushrooms and mushroom soup. Add seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika, parsley flakes OR parsley, Kitchen Bouquet), to taste.
- Simmer or cook on low heat, until mushroom soup changes to a medium to dark brown, and flavors are blended.
- Add sour cream and leftover beef. Do not boil. Stir until hot.
- Serve over noodles.
- * VARIATION: Chop dry mushrooms in a food processor. Use instead of canned mushrooms.
- ** VARIATION 2: Use leftover gravy in place of the mushroom soup.
NotesThe "mushroom haters" in my family dislike the texture more than the mushrooms. Just chop the mushrooms!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Baked Baby Reds
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Blue Cheese DressingSee More