- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ½ to 1 teaspoon butter OR margarine
- ½ teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1-2 large onions, quartered and sliced (depending on the amount of meat)
- 1-2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet
- Leftover roast, chopped or diced
- Corn starch and water, optional
- Dissolve bouillon in water. Set aside.
- Melt margarine in frying pan. Add sugar and onions. Cook until slightly browned.
- Remove from heat. Add bouillon, Kitchen Bouquet, and roast.
- Add a little more water, if needed. - Simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Thicken with corn starch and water, if needed.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles (or alone).
NotesI had no idea that this would be such a hit --- was only trying to clear out leftovers in the refrigerator and use ingredients I had on hand.
When they said, "Make it again." I had to quickly write down how I did it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More