LEFTOVER ROAST BEEF STROGANOFF
- butter OR olive oil
- 1 pound (approximately) roast beef OR pot roast
- 1 small onion, diced
- Diced celery (stalk), if desired
- 1-2 cans mushrooms * (see below)
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, if desired
- Parsley, if desired
- Kitchen Bouquet, if desired
Cook onion in a little olive oil or butter.
Add mushrooms and mushroom soup. Add seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika, parsley flakes OR parsley, Kitchen Bouquet), to taste.
Simmer or cook on low heat, until mushroom soup changes to a medium to dark brown, and flavors are blended.
Add sour cream and leftover beef. Do not boil. Stir until hot.
Serve over noodles.
* VARIATION: Chop dry mushrooms in a food processor. Use instead of canned mushrooms.
** VARIATION 2: Use leftover gravy in place of the mushroom soup.