- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 3 large lemons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 4 ounces dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract (I used 1 tsp vanilla)
- Ã‚Â½ - 1 tsp butter flavoring
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- Powdered Sugar for dusting top of cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- In a small saucepan over high heat; bring brandy, dried cranberries and lemon juice to boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let cool and then drain, reserving cranberries and liquid separately.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With mixer on low, add 1/3 of flour mixture, alternating with sour cream, about 1/2 cup at a time, beating just until batter is smooth. (You will have three additions of flour and two of the sour cream.) Stir in the lemon peel and drained cranberries, making sure you do not overmix.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out with moist crumbs. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Let cool 5 minutes and then lightly brush the top of the cake with some of the reserved cranberry liquid. After 10 more minutes loosen sides of pan with a sharp knife and invert onto a wire rack. Immediately brush the top and sides of the cake with some of the cranberry liquid. Cool the cake completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. If not serving immediately wrap the cake well with plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze.
- Note: Instead of using a 10 inch bundt pan you can use a 6-cake bundt-lette pan. This recipe will make approximately 10 small cakes. You will have to use two cake pans or bake them separately. The baking time with be 25-30 minutes.
NotesI made this with the dried cranberries. The name of the recipe doesn't even come close to the wonderful taste experience this cake provides.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Cooking with Sabra
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More