- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 roll (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (divided)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat cookie sheets with vegetable oil spray.
- Break up cookie dough into large bowl; let stand 10 to 15 minutes to soften.
- Add cream cheese, 1 tablespoon lemon zest and the ginger to the dough. Mix with electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add white chocolate chips and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful, two inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until just set and golden at the edges. Quickly transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- To make lemon icing, place powdered sugar in medium bowl. Mix in remaining lemon zest and enough lemon juice, as needed, to make icing just thin enough to drip off a fork. Drizzle icing over cookies. Makes 40 cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Delightful DessertsSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More