- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. lukewarm milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine as instructed by your manufacturer. (mine are wet ingredients on bottom with dry on top-yeast being the last one added)
- Set on dough cycle - check in the first five minutes - it should form a soft round ball.
- If its too sticky add a little more flour - too dry add a little more milk.
- When cycle is done, remove dough, punch down gently and divide into 4 pieces.
- Cover with a towel and let rest 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough piece into a thin 8 inch circle or oval - add fillings in the middle of each but be sure to leave some room along the edges.
- Fold the dough over like a turnover and crimp with a fork like pie crust. (I made mine like turnovers - you can make them burrito style too as was stipulated in the recipe with the seam side down and the ends folded under.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 375 for 20-30 mins.
- Remove to a wire rack.
NotesTired of buying hot pockets? Make your own and fill them with whatever you want.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More