- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 stick butter
- 5 tbs. flour
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups water
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- chicken and beef bouillion, to taste
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 1 large leek, diced
- 3-4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- dash Worchestershire sauce
- dash Tobasco
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Half and Half or Fat Free Half and Half (to taste)
- 1. Saute diced white onions in 2 Tbs. butter in skillet.
- 2. In large soup pot, melt 5 Tbs. butter. Add 5 Tbs. flour to make a rue.
- 3. Add milk, 1 cup at a time, stirring to reduce in between.
- 4. Add water and bouillion to make broth. Add can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup. Add spices and dashes of Worchestershire and Tobasco Sauce. Bring to a boil.
- 5. Add diced potatoes and leeks and sauted onions. Simmer over medium-low heat, 10-15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 6. Ladel half of soup mixture into blender and puree. You can keep the soup as chunky as you want by putting as much or as little of the mixture in the blender.
- 7. Stir. Serve piping hot with a drizzle of half and half and fresh ground black pepper. Enjoy!
- Warning, this soup has an amazing burst of flavor! Caution, you may highly enjoy it!
NotesWarning, this soup has an amazing burst of flavor! Caution, you may highly enjoy it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More