- Cooking Time: up to 5
- Servings: As many as you like!
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryHello, I was a first time visitor to this website when I fell upon a recipe for La Tire.
I had the opportunity to live in Québec for 17 years and enjoyed this tasty treat at my chalet where our family had a small sugar shack and we enjoyed making our own maple syrup and La Tire.
To have an authentic version of this recipe I would suggest the following:
- 100% PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- Weather permitting, you pack snow into a container (traditionally in a wood box in Québec) and you keep it outside in the cold.
- Bring 100% PURE Maple Syrup to the "ball point" using a whisk in a stirring motion only to prevent sticking.
- Ladel long lines of the syrup over the snow in your container.
- Using a popsicle stick (or a spoon) start at one end of the line and turn the syrup around it and enjoy!
- If snow is not available, you can use the same concept but pour the hot syrup onto a buttered baking dish.